Thursday 21 March 2013

Update on my WIP

Hello folks

As some of you already know, I've been working on a story for a while now and I'm so excited to say....it's very, very nearly finished! Eeeeek! I've been working with my fab Crit Part, Faith Thomas and the equally lovely Annie Seaton, who both have been helping me to wip my WIP into perfect shape :-) Just two more chapters to edit and then my 'baby' will pretty much be ready to submit to publishers.

Double eeeek!

I have a couple in mind and always open to the idea of self pub'ing too. So we will see nearer the time when I'll go with it.

I'll keep you all updated with the rest of the 'journey' over the next couple of months. Exciting time ahead I'm sure! Before I go, I thought I'd share a small excerpt from my still nameless story....without further ado, its over to Luca....

***

In the distance he could see the Corcovado Mountain and the Christ the Redeemer statue situated at its peek. The last of the evening sun’s rays glittered around the edges of the solid concrete and soapstone artwork, illuminating its beauty and presence for the whole of Rio to adore. Its arms were open wide and ironically, Luca felt as if the statue was welcoming him back to his motherland.
No.
He needed to remain focused and remember exactly why he was here and what he had to do. Once it was done, he’d be on the first jet back to New York. Brazil and Rio held nothing for him anymore. 
***

'Til next time! 
Sam :-) 
X




12 comments:

  1. Yay!! Good luck, Sam - will be keeping my fingers crossed for you, not that you'll need it :-) Great excerpt x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great excerpt Samantha! It's such a wonderful feeling when you finish polishing off those last couple of chapters. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! Yes it certainly is. Pretty indescribable really :-) x

      Delete
  3. Happy Dancing over here for you Samantha! Well done.

    Great post!

    Cheeries Gabrielle
    www.gabbawrites.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, you're nearing the finish line! Exciting!!!

    Good luck, I can't wait to read your book :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen. Can't believe I'm nearly there :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow, Sam. I love the little snippet. You'll be fine no matter how you decide to publish it. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting. It has been such a pleasure working with you and becoming friends too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, likewise Annie! A real pleasure and I'm ever thankful :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...